Spicy Pickled Radish
3 stalks spring onion
6 cloves garlic
30 g ginger
2 tbsps salt
4 tbsps all purpose flour
5 tbsps minced red chillies
4 tbsps sugar
• Peel radish, rinse and cut into large pieces.
• Mix with 2 tbsps salt, let stand for 2 hours and drain.
• Stir flour with sufficients water to form batter. Cook over low heat until in thickens into a paste. Remove and let cool.
• Peel carrot, rinse and shred finely. Chop finely spring onions. Mince garlic and ginger. Combine carrot, spring onions, garlic and ginger with seasoning. Add sufficient water to mix well. Add cooked batter and mix well. Add radians and mix well.
• Place in air-tight container. Let stand at room temperature for 1 day during hot weather or 2 days during cild weather, then store in the refrigerator.